A colossal cybernetic alien, Gigan is depicted as being of differening sizes depending on the incarnation, with his height ranging between 65 and 120 metres, his overall length between 120 and 250 metres, and his weight anything from 25,000 to 60,000 tonnes. He sports hooked steel talons in place of hands and feet, a metallic beak, large dorsal fins, and a red visor reminiscent of the Cylons of Battlestar Galactica fame. He also possesses a large buzz-saw in his torso.
Powers and Abilities
- Gigan can fly at speeds of up to Mach 3 while inside an atmosphere. He manifests this ability through the use of an antigravity generator, presumably built in to the cybernetic components of his body.
- The beast is capable of independently achieving velocities far in excess of the speed of light whilst in 5e vacuum of space.
- Gigan has a large buzz-saw embedded in his abdomen which is capable of cutting through virtually any material, and has even been seen to draw blood from Godzilla himself. He prefers to use this weapon in conjunction with his ability to fly, swooping past his enemies to slash them with the saw.
- He has the ability to fire concentrated blasts of pure energy at his opponents. Whether he does this through a hidden aperture on his forehead or through his eye visor varies by incarnation.
- Gigan can breathe a great gout of flame from his mouth.
- Gigan uses these to slash and stab at his opponents. In one of his later incarnatiome, the hooks were replaced with a pair of enormous chanblades.